Stuff to check out when you’re out and about!
“Clover, A Literary Rag is a remarkably inclusive literary gallery, providing local writers, both seasoned and beginning, with an opportunity to be published in a diverse range of genres. Many Bellingham writers are proud to say that their first published work appeared in Clover.” — Susan Chase Foster, author of the blog StillLifeWithTortillas and two-time winner of Bellingham’s Sue C. Boynton Poetry Contest. Learn about Clover, including how to submit your work, here.
RASP: Redmond Association of Spokenword. I was honored to be the featured reader at RASP on Friday, January 27, at 7 PM at VALA Eastside in Redmond Town Center (7517 166th Ave NE, #D140, Redmond WA). This is also an open mic, with signups beginning at 6:30 PM. RASP was founded in 1997 to promote literary arts and activities in Redmond, Washington, and the surrounding area. See more about RASP here.
- Open Mic Night with Laurel Leigh, Emcee: Last Monday of each month (except Dec.), 7 p.m. @ Village Books
- Weekly Writing Practice with local author Nancy Canyon: Mondays @ Studio #21 in Old Fairhaven 1 p.m. (fee applies)
- First Friday Writers open writing practice led by local author C.J. Prince: First and Third Friday of each month, 1 p.m. @ Sudden Valley Barn
- Red Wheelbarrow Writers Pub Night: 1st Saturday, 4 p.m. @ Pickford
- Bellingham Writers Group Critique Workshop: 3rd Monday, 6:30 p.m. @ Cozy Corner Books & Coffee
- Whatcom Writers and Publishers Dinner and Speaker: 4th Wednesday of each month (except July, Aug.), 6 p.m. @ Nicki’s Bella Marina
- Village Books Writers Groups: Various evenings @ Village Books, including groups for Fiction, Speculative Fiction, Nonfiction, Poetry and Teens
Please send me your jpg-format fliers for writing-related events! Featured events are in Whatcom County WA unless otherwise noted.